Membership dues in 2021
As an employed, regular member the membership dues for 2021 are NOK 4,620 in addition to dues paid to your local branch ranging from NOK 130 to 300. As a new member you start paying from the month you become a member.
Student Membership dues: NOK 300 per year.
Tax allowance for trade union dues
The tax allowance for the 2020 financial year has a maximum rate of NOK 3,850. Tekna reports to the tax authorities how much you have paid in dues each year.
First year after graduation 25 % membership dues NOK 1,185 + 25 % local branch dues
Second year after graduation 50 % membership dues NOK 2,370 + 50 % local branch dues
Third year after graduation 75 % membership dues NOK 3,555 + 75 % local branch dues
Fourth year after graduation full membership dues
The discount for recent graduates is applied automatically.
If you have continued studying directly after you have completed your master’s degree, (i.e. a new bachelor’s or master’s degree) you can apply for a student discount, as long as you are employed less than 50 %. Please send documentation of your student status to apply for this discount.
Discounts for unemployed members
Members that have lost their job and don't recieve compensation from their employer, can apply for a full exception from the membership fee. For longer periods of unemployement, we may require documentation.
Other discounts in membership dues
• Doctoral candidates and other students pursuing advanced studies without steady employment pay 25 % of the regular membership fee for up to four years.
• If a member's spouse or partner is also a member of Tekna, the membership fee for both individuals is 75 % of the ordinary rate.
• Pensioners ages 62 and over with an income from employment and self-employment of less than 1G (the national insurance basic amount) pay 25 % of the ordinary membership dues plus a corresponding proportion of the dues payable to their local branch.
• Disabled members pay a percentage of regular membership dues depending on their degree of disability. We require a copy of documentation from NAV.
• If a member is residing outside of Norway, he/she pays 50 % of regular membership dues/no dues to his/her local branch.
Full exemption from membership dues
• Members in active military service
• Members on maternity/paternity leave if their salary is less than 2/3 of their ordinary salary level
To apply for exemption or discounts please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 22 94 75 00.