Admission by special consideration
If you don’t meet the criteria for membership in Tekna, you might still be accepted as a member by special consideration. Tekna has a Qualifications Evaluation Committee (Opptaksrådet) that consider these applications.
Not sure if you should apply for standard membership or special admission? Read the criteria for standard and student membership in Tekna or contact us.
Who can apply for special admission?
To apply for membership by special consideration the following criteria apply:
- You must have completed at least 3 years of higher education, such as a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- You should have a few years of professional experience at a level equivalent to Tekna’s other members.
- Your higher education should include at least 120 ECTS (or the equivalent) within technology or natural sciences.
The Qualifications Evaluation Committee will consider the sum of your education and work experience to determine whether your qualifications can be compared to other Tekna members’. They review all applications thoroughly and individually based on the information you provide in your application and any other information they have available.
The Qualifications Committee use the reference statement given by the referees you provide in their evaluation and they strongly recommend that you provide referees that are Tekna members. If possible, you should list the Tekna representative where you work as a referee, and you should avoid listing close friends and family members as referees.
How to apply?
Fill in the digital application form found here:
You will be asked to upload documents in the form (diploma, transcripts, mark sheets, CV). You will recieve a confirmation e-mail when we recieve your application.
Application deadlines for 2023
- October 12th for review in November
Application deadlines for 2024
- January 4th for review in February
- March 14th for review in May
- August 1st for review in September
- October 10th for review in November
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact our membership office at 22 94 75 00 or e-mail: [email protected].