To apply for membership by special consideration the following criteria apply:
- You must have completed at least 3 years of higher education, such as a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent.
- You should have a few years of professional experience at a level equivalent to Tekna’s other members.
- Your higher education should include at least 120 ECTS (or the equivalent) within technology or natural sciences.
The Qualifications Evaluation Committee will consider the sum of your education and work experience to determine whether your qualifications can be compared to other Tekna members’. They review all applications thoroughly and individually based on the information you provide in your application and any other information they have available.
The Qualifications Committee use the reference statement given by the referees you provide in their evaluation and they strongly recommend that you provide referees that are Tekna members. If possible, you should list the Tekna representative where you work as a referee, and you should avoid listing close friends and family members as referees.
Deadlines for applications in 2021 are:
- January 4th (for review in February)
- April 14th (for review in May)
- July 27th (for review in September)
- October 29th (for review in December)
How to apply
In addition to your application form, you must attach the following documents:
- A full CV that details your education, work experience and other relevant experience
- Diplomas and transcripts and any other documents that document and describe your education.
- If you have a statement from NOKUT concerning your education we ask that you also attach this
You may also attach any documentation you have of courses you have attended, letters of recommendation from previous employers or anything else you find relevant to highlight your competence and experience.
If you have completed education abroad and have had it evaluated by NOKUT (The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education), we request that you also attach this documentation.
The application form with all attachments may be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post: Tekna v/Membership Office, Postboks 2312 Solli
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact our membership office at 22 94 75 00 or e-mail: email@example.com.