The course provides an introduction to fatigue and fracture design of pipelines and risers.
It is suitable for engineers who are involved in design and integrity management of pipelines, risers and subsea systems. It is expected that participants have some experience e.g. from Tekna courses in basic and advanced fatigue and fracture design.
The course consists of two main parts:
1. Response and load analysis
2. Assessment of fatigue and fracture strength
The following standards and recommendations will be used in the course:
- DNV-RP-F105 - Free Spanning Pipelines
- DNV-RP-C203 - Fatigue Strength (SN kurver)
- DNV-OS-F101 - Submarine Pipeline Systems
- DNV-RP-F204 - Riser Fatigue
- BS 7910 Guide to methods for assessing the acceptability of flaws in metallic structures
The course lecturers are professors from NTNU, the universities in Agder and Stavanger plus experts from DNV
This course is one of many during Kursdagene 2014. Kursdagene in Trondheim takes place the first week of January every year, in co-operation with NTNU. We expect between 1500 and 2000 attendees and wish you welcome to professional input and network building during Kursdagene!