Discover and transform. BIOPROSP is the international biennial scientific conference on marine biotechnology. We aim to translate basic research into applied research with industrial application.
At BIOPROSP you can:
- Hear about the latest research and its potential
- Learn from stories about industrial application of marine research and marine bioprospecting
- Meet top scientists, industry representatives and entrepreneurs from all over the world within the field of marine biotechnology
- Meet decision makers from industries such as biotech, medicine, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical, as well as representatives from public support systems
- Seize the opportunity to present your scientific results: How can they be put into use?
Take a look at the program!
BIOPROSP_21 is digital
In 2021 we make a quick and inspiring digital edition of BIOPROSP. Take a look at the program and stay put for our additional industry session. We aim for a full BIOPROSP conference in 2022.
At BIOPROSP_21 (online) we will use a digital conference venue that facilitates:
- Following the presentations online - and you can ask questions
- The possibility to interact with other participants by chat or by video conversations
- Digital exhibitions
- Digital posters
What is BIOPROSP?
BIOPROSP is held every two years with a focus on the exploitation of biotechnology in marine environments. It takes place in the capital of the Arctic world, a university town in northern Norway called Tromsø. The conference has outgrown its name from when it was first organized in 2002 and over the past 14 years has become one of the most knowledge-rich conferences not only in the field of marine bioprospecting, but in the field of biotechnology, attracting top talent from Europe and abroad.
Originally initiated by the MABIT Programme, BIOPROSP is made possible with the continued cooperation of universities, R&D institutions and industry representatives. Tekna (The Norwegian Society of Graduate Technical and Scientific Professionals) took over the responsibility for BIOPROSP in 2018. However, the partner organizations and other involved stakeholders are still the same, but becoming more international.