BIOPROSP aims to present research results within the field of marine bioprospecting and biotechnology. The 2019 conference invites researchers to present posters and to hold oral presentations within the following topics:
- Biorefineries for marine resources (microalgae, macroalgae, by-products from fisheries)
- Synthetic Biology (including design and construction of new biochemical entities such as marine organisms and/or their pathways and/or their enzymes)
- Marine Bioactive Molecules (for various applications, in medicine, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmeceutical industries and more)
- New Resources and Trends in Marine Biotech
Link to online form
The scientific committee will prioritize abstracts on scientific results and research that have an application potential for industrial purposes. Emphasis should therefore be put on presenting results and conclusions.
Details about the funding sources, partners, planning and known methodology should be limited. The entire conference is in English and submitted abstracts must also be in English.
We welcome applications from young as well as established scientists, representing research institutions, universities, enterprises or other institutions. PhD-students are recommended to apply and an opportunity to apply for a free ticket will be published in early September 2018.
Approved abstracts will be offered a poster space at BIOPROSP_19. A few of the approved abstracts will have the opportunity to hold a 10-minute poster presentation as a part of the conference program.
It is important to take into account that the oral presentations and the material must be made accessible also for industry representatives, as well as scientists in other fields.
A prize for the best poster will be awarded at the BIOPROSP_19 conference dinner.
The summary should include:
- A title
- Contact information: author(s) name, addresses and e-mail addresses,
- The project’s funding partners.
- The summary should not exceed half A4 page (font size 11).
All abstracts will be published prior to BIOPROSP_19.
The abstract must be submitted using the online form.
20 November 2018.