New organisms, new opportunities. Join Europe's leading scientific conference within marine biodiscovery and biotechnology, and the application of marine bioactive molecules.
BIOPROSP is the international biannual scientific conference on marine biotechnology. We aim to translate basic research into applied research with industrial application.
Travel to Tromsø, the Capital of the Arctic and:
- Meet top scientists, industry representatives and entrepreneurs from all over the world within the field of marine biotechnology
- Meet decision makers from industries such as biotech, medicine, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical, as well as representatives from public support systems
- Take part in pre-conference workshops
- Seize the opportunity to present your scientific results
- Join our social activities under the northern lights!
Save the date! BIOPROSP_19 is being planned. Sessions and keynotes will be published shortly.
Call for Abstracts to be published in June 2018.
BIOPROSP is held every two years with a focus on the exploitation of biotechnology in marine environments. It takes place in the capital of the Arctic world, a university town in northern Norway called Tromsø. The conference has outgrown its name from when it was first organized in 2002 and over the past 14 years has become one of the most knowledge-rich conferences not only in the field of marine bioprospecting, but in the field of biotechnology, attracting top talent from Europe and abroad.
Originally initiated by the MABIT Programme, BIOPROSP is made possible with the continued cooperation of universities, R&D institutions and industry representatives.
Tekna has taken over the responsibility for BIOPROSP from 2018 on. Tekna will function as owner, secretariat and project manager for BIOPROSP. Partner organizations in Tromsø are involved as usual and the prorgam design will be the same as in earlier editions.
See original BIOPROSP webpage