New organisms, new opportunities. Join Europe's leading scientific conference within marine biodiscovery and biotechnology, and the application of marine bioactive molecules.
BIOPROSP is the international biennial scientific conference on marine biotechnology. We aim to translate basic research into applied research with industrial application.
Travel to Tromsø, the Capital of the Arctic and:
- Meet top scientists, industry representatives and entrepreneurs from all over the world within the field of marine biotechnology
- Meet decision makers from industries such as biotech, medicine, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical, as well as representatives from public support systems
- Take part in pre-conference workshops
- Seize the opportunity to present your scientific results
- Join our social activities under the northern lights!
Save the date! We are planning an exciting program, which will be interesting for researchers and representatives from both research institutions and enterprises. Se program here.
- Biorefineries for marine resources (including microalgae, macroalgae, by-products from fisheries)
- Synthetic Biology (including design and construction of new biochemical entities such as marine organisms and/or their pathways and/or their enzymes)
- Marine Bioactive Molecules (for various applications, in medicine, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmeceutical industries and more)
- New Resources and Trends in Marine Biotech
Researcher and/or PhD-student?
Call for Abstracts: We invite researchers to present posters and to hold oral presentations. See call for abstracts and submit your abstract here.
PhD Course and Marine Biotech Entrepreneurship Workshop: As in 2017 and 2015, The University of Tromsø organizes a free PhD course in connection to the conference. This year, a workshop in marine biotech entrepreneurship will be incorporated in the program. The latter is a part of the H2020 funded MacroCascade project. More information will be published soon.
BIOPROSP is held every two years with a focus on the exploitation of biotechnology in marine environments. It takes place in the capital of the Arctic world, a university town in northern Norway called Tromsø. The conference has outgrown its name from when it was first organized in 2002 and over the past 14 years has become one of the most knowledge-rich conferences not only in the field of marine bioprospecting, but in the field of biotechnology, attracting top talent from Europe and abroad.
Originally initiated by the MABIT Programme, BIOPROSP is made possible with the continued cooperation of universities, R&D institutions and industry representatives.
Tekna has taken over the responsibility for BIOPROSP from 2018 on. Tekna will function as owner, secretariat and project manager for BIOPROSP. Partner organizations in Tromsø are involved as usual and the prorgamme design will be the same as in earlier editions.